Are your kids climbing the walls? Great! Threshold offers several programs for youth climbers. Our youth programs allow climbers to build self confidence and social skills through bouldering, roped climbing and other activities in a supportive fun environment! We have multiple options available depending on their age and skill level.
Some FAQ on our youth programs:
- Climbers should wear comfortable athletic wear to the gym. They are encouraged to bring their own gear, but most programs provide rental gear.
- A small snack will be provided during youth camps, but climbers are welcome to bring a water bottle, or money for snacks/drinks.
- Parents can drop off climbers for our youth programs, they will be working with an instructor while they are in the gym.
- Space is limited. We keep our student to instructor ratio balanced to mitigate risk and ensure students get quality time with instructors.
- Payments for camp will guarantee your spot. Payments are refundable up to 72 hours before the start date of our camps and 8-week enrollments and can be used as a credit if you must cancel after that time.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, youth group sizes will be limited and booking ahead of time is preferred. Click here for the most up-to-date information regarding the gym and COVID-19.
APEC & Climbing School
For ages 6-16 years old, Climbing School & APEC are a daytime option for beginner or intermediate climbers. The overarching goal of these programs is to ensure that school aged youth become physically literate individuals who possess the skills, knowledge and dispositions to lead physically active lives and that they learn more about the sport of rock climbing. During the 8 weeks, through a variety of games and activities, students will focus on the basics of bouldering, auto-belay, and some top rope climbing skills.
Our Seasonal Climbing Camps focus on LOTS of climbing, including bouldering, auto-belays, and top rope, as well as daily warm ups, positive affirmations, encouragement, and fun games like crate stacking! These programs are recommended for ages 6-13, (but if your climber is younger and is capable of getting on the wall, and following instructions, sign them up!)
Our Camps are the perfect introduction for beginners wanting to learn more about climbing, or for kiddos needing to stay active during school breaks. Check our calendar for upcoming camps dates, and pricing. Enroll online through Mindbody, or call the gym to reserve your spot.
Threshold Climbing Gym offers a climbing team for ages 6 – 18 years of age. Team is broken into categories based on age and skill level. Our coaches will focus on cultivating and maintaining an environment where safety, leadership, teamwork, personal responsibility, advanced climbing techniques, and of course, having fun are of the utmost importance. Our goal is to foster a passion and drive to encourage ourselves and others in the sport of climbing.
Mission: To develop and maintain high performing climbing abilities in Team Threshold athletes while fostering a love and respect for the sport of climbing and encouraging personal growth, responsibility, confidence, and healthy social engagement.